Jim's MGA Restoration

Progress of my restoration of a 1959 MGA Roadster

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Progress - September 5, 2005

================================================================================================
September 5, 2005
================================================================================================
Now I am getting into the mode where I feel obligated to make some progress each week so I will have something to post to the blog. By the way, the cheapo $7.99 grinder worked pretty good for five minutes, then stripped the gears and now won't do a thing. Hey, it was worth (?) a shot!

This week I worked on installing the "front" floorboard support rails in the footwell areas. It takes a little bit of tedious fitting to get everthing butted up right and leveled before tacking and welding the pieces in. I try to set the frame level initially, then work around with the level to get everything on one plane. After plywood, padding and carpeting, I doubt that anything other than major misalignment could be noticed, and I guess people have ridden around in MGA's for years with sagging, rotted floorboards with no problems, right?



Passenger side. It will be nice when this stuff is all one color!

This shows the string line I used to align the kick panel rails.











Here is an overall shot from the rear of the frame toward the front. I still have more work to do welding and grinding, and there are a few missing pieces, including the battery trays, but it's coming along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home